GISHWHES Day 6: Run this town tonight

Thursday, August 7, 2014

If I thought Tuesday was busy, I certainly wasn't prepared for Thursday.

Thursday is the day I was to sing:
Have the proprietor of a crowded sports bar turn off all the televisions. Then, you must serenade the patrons with a song accompanied by an acoustic guitar. The video must show the proprietor turning off the TVs, and the patrons’ reactions as you (and a friend if you wish) sing the song. (30 sec edited)
Although I still needed an acoustic accompaniment...




But first! Jenny had gotten me artwork for the finished adoption posters for Bear and it was time to hang them.






















Here's to hoping he gets a home soon!

Today was also the day to record this:
Let's hear "Carry on My Wayward Son" on a giant pipe organ (antique preferred) in a cathedral or church, played by someone wearing a sock monkey hat. (30 sec)
My new friend Ryan of Burien School of Music would be handling that one for me. Here's how that went.




With that done, I needed a cat...

Food trucks are all the rage, but I think they tend to be a bit speciesist. Get a food truck to sell cat food. It must be on the menu and we must see a cat placing the order.
Well, I'd managed (quite easily, actually) to get a food truck to agree to add cat food to the menu, I just needed a cat that could leave that didn't have agoraphobia or any other crazy social issues... Damn those GISHWHES creators!! Finally, I had a willing cat. Then this happened:



Thanks Amy for playing along!

Next up! To the art gallery where the good folks over at Burien Arts Association agreed to let Jenny's masterpiece be a part of the opening reception of their August show.


The result? One patron who was kind enough to let me record him gave a serious discourse about the piece.




I then hightailed it over to 913 The Place Next Door, where I had a date with a table and a bar crowd. (Huge thank you to Tristan, for accompanying me on short notice and to Ryan for suggesting him)



(If enough people express a desire to see the whole thing, I'll clean up that video and post it).

And just in case that wasn't enough, the most epic event of the evening was yet to come...

Find an object that you’re holding onto for all the wrong reasons. Destroy it mightily.
Jenny, you are my hero.
Is that a Phantom of the Opera mask?
Why yes, it is.
Did I say epic?























I think that's all this day could handle!

Stay tuned for Day 7... the Final Day!

Read the first post of the series GISHWHES: The craziest week of my life

Comments

Popular Posts