GISHWHES Day 2 Pt II: Speed puzzling

Sunday, August 3, 2014 part II

When the local members of team HaveSaltWillTravel got together to divvy up the GISHWHES list, my goal was to claim the items that I would enjoy and could accomplish relatively easily. So when I read #9, I knew it needed to be mine:
Assemble a puzzle with a minimum of 50 pieces in one sitting. The video must show the box with more than 50 pieces and then you putting the puzzle together. For ease of assembly you must be wearing wool mittens or gloves throughout the assembly of the puzzle.(timelapse 20 sec)



I love puzzles and any excuse to put them together. Since the puzzles I own are all 500+ pieces, I decided to make it easy on myself and had picked up a smaller one during our trip to the thrift store the day before. A fantastic investment, if you ask me. :)

And since I know you're wondering, assembling a puzzle while wearing mittens was only slightly more challenging than not. I'm guessing that's because I'm used to working with smaller pieces and the larger size somewhat compensated for the mittens...


The results



After that, I spend the rest of the night sending out random requests. I needed, among other things:

  • a food truck, willing to add cat food to their menu 
  • a sock monkey hat
  • a 3D printed quill
That night I also scheduled out my week for planning, preparation and completion of challenges.

So far, this was pretty exciting.

Next up: Day 3...

Read the first post of the series GISHWHES: The craziest week of my life

Comments

Popular Posts