Fighting for life


When I found out we were having a boy, one of my first thoughts was "OK God, you must have big plans for this one. I have no clue what I'm doing, so this is going to be all you!" 

I thought about what it would be like changing diapers and figuring out how to fix his hair. But I'll also need to consider how I'll teach him to honor and respect women, how to love people who are different than he is, how to behave with police and authorities. All this is vitally important... and incredibly daunting. And I'm tempted to be overwhelmed. But simply by the fact that this responsibility has been assigned to me, I know that God will equip me with the strength that is necessary. 

I will not succumb to fear, even despite the despair and devastation in our world. I will continue to walk in LOVE. I will be bold in my POSITIVITY. I will choose to have FAITH. And I will teach these things, along with many other truths, to my son.

This is how I will fight.

Comments

Popular Posts