I'm not an artist

I always wanted to be an artist. I strove to fit my skills and interests into a shape that might even slightly resemble one. But I've finally come to terms with the fact that I'm not an artist.

I'm not a painter. Though I see canvases all around me. 
I'm not a writer. Though I embrace words as a mighty tool.
I'm not a singer or musician or dancer. Though melodies move me every day of my life.

I've tried my hand at each of these arts without finding full satisfaction because I am not an artist.

What I am is a creator.
Painting with splashes of joy to enliven pale environments. 
Drawing with lines of communication to connect disjointed projects and organizations.
Scripting notes with love and encouragement in every situation I can. 
Jotting my signature on the lives of those who have influenced, inspired, and left their marks on me.
Orchestrating artists, experts in their own arts, whose parts combine to turn ideas into meaningful experiences. 
Starting a rhythm for others to contribute their voices to in a collaborative song.
Crafting a life that I am content with today and can be astonished by tomorrow.
Growing a new life that will far exceed my wildest imaginations.

A creator is who I was designed to be, built to be; who I am at my core. 
The Creator is who I am formed in the image of. So it should come as no surprise.

And I can't stop.
I won't stop.
Creating.

Comments

Popular Posts